Description: To start February 24th 2020 and contract end 18th December 2020, appointment is due to Maternity cover.
Fixed term 25 hours per week 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. –term time Maternity cover
At Distington Community School we pride ourselves on the welcoming, nurturing environment that we provided for all of our children in our school. Ofsted graded our school and our EYFS as ‘Good’ during our previous inspection (Sep 2019) stating that ‘children make strong gains in their learning in Early Years.'
We are looking for a caring, hardworking and nurturing individual to be a part of our successful EYFS unit. The successful applicant will be responsible for:
• Undertaking a range of varied tasks to support teaching, learning and care by working with individuals or small groups of pupils.
• Implementing planned learning activities as agreed with the class teacher.
• Supporting staff in monitoring, assessing and recording pupil progress in line with the EYFSP
• Working collaboratively with parents to best support each child’s development.
• Encouraging independent learning and modelling effective interactions and play.
• Working with experienced staff to create and maintain a stimulating learning environment.
What we can offer you;
• A friendly, collaborative team who support each other.
• Opportunities to develop personally and professionally in a successful environment.
• Happy, enthusiastic children who are eager to learn.
• Support from experienced practitioners and management team.
Distington Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Relevant Level 2 qualification or equivalent is essential
We would welcome any potential applicants to visit our school and come and meet our amazing children.
Application forms and further information are available from Miss Quirk via e-mail email@example.com and also school website www.distington-comm.cumbria.sch.uk
Closing date – Wednesday 5th February at 9am.
Interview date – Monday 10th February.
Salary: PCD 5 £19,171 pro rata
Closing date: 05 February 2020